Make the Most Out of Your Celebrations
Dinner out. Theatre tickets. Dancing. These are universal gifts and symbols of love and happiness. Whether it’s for a special birthday, a milestone accomplished, the coming together with good friends, or just your standard Friday night “date night” - there is nothing quite like getting out to celebrate.
This celebrating can often involve rich meals or a late night out. All good things to enjoy - but sometimes these finer things in life can add up to stressing your body and taxing your immune system. So, to get you ready for your next upcoming night of celebration, we’ve put together some of our top tips for keeping you feeling your best.
When we suggest you eat well to strengthen your immune system, we’re thinking of flavorful foods that will have you feeling good inside and out. These foods will help naturally strengthen your immune system and can be easily incorporated into easy-to-cook and tasty recipes:
- Grass-fed beef: when you eat beef that comes from cows who eat naturally, you benefit from essentials like Vitamins A and E, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, beta-carotene, and CLA. CLA is especially high in grass-fed beef and is super beneficial for your immune system.
- Raspberries and blueberries: these sweet little berries are extremely high in antioxidants and are recognized as immune system enhancers.
- Mushrooms: packed full of essential vitamins and minerals - mushrooms are a must enjoy and they are strong in immune system properties. If you’ve got picky eaters in your family (including kids), reap the rewards of mushrooms with a supplement called AHCC. In fact, AHCC is a unique compound from the roots of Japanese medicinal mushrooms. But don’t think you can get AHCC just from eating mushrooms! Due to this unique compound, you can only get the health benefits of AHCC by consuming this natural supplement. The properties in AHCC turn up the dial on your natural immune response by increasing the number and activity of your white blood cells - helping you fight any kind of threat to your health. In fact, unlike other medicinal mushroom supplements, AHCC not just boosts your immune system – AHCC also brings it down to a normal level when it is overperforming - and is more easily absorbable due to its low molecular weight leading to increased efficacy.
We’ve written before about how stress is harmful to you, but it’s important to reinforce how taxing stress can be on your immune system. When you’re stressed, your cortisol and adrenaline levels spike, causing your immune system to work in overdrive. To keep your stress levels down, try some of these ideas:
- Get out for some fresh air and exercise with your family and friends.
- Laugh out loud - watch a goofy movie or have a tickling contest.
- Spend time with furry friends: numerous studies have shown that a pet cat or dog can help reduce your stress levels.
Above all else – ironically enough - the way to get the most out of your celebrating is to celebrate! When you get out and have fun with your loved ones, all sorts of great things happen in your body - helping to naturally strengthen your immune system. The extra sunshine you get from being outside in the fresh air helps boost your Vitamin D levels. The smiling, laughter and love you enjoy with those close to you, helps strengthen emotional, mental and physical health - allowing you to fight off infections and viruses.
So choose a day this week and go all out - get the flowers, splurge on a meal out (don’t forget to enjoy some steak, fresh berries and mushrooms), enjoy a show, and go for a moonlight stroll. Reap the rewards of the finer things in life while strengthening and boosting your immune system. (And if you do overdo it a bit - don’t worry, the natural immune-boosting capabilities of AHCC can help get you back to feeling your best.)