Six Steps to Building a Strong Immune System
We all know that having a healthy immune system is critical to having a healthy and full life. But the reality is that most of us really don’t understand the complexities of our immune system and how it can be easily impacted by small day-to-day decisions.
We are deeply invested in ensuring that your immune system is as strong as possible. It is vital that you’re doing all you can to stay healthy and active - including building a strong immune system. In this post we’ll look at ways you can help yourself and fortify your immune system.
How Your Immune System Works
To understand what you can do to strengthen your immune system, it’s important to understand how your immune system works.
You have two basic types of immunity: innate and adaptive. Your innate immunity launches an immediate, non-specific attack against a threat and is your first line of defense. Your adaptive immunity takes longer to kick in, but produces a specific response to a particular microbe.
To ensure that your immune system is not compromised, AHCC turns up the dial on your natural immune response and helps you deal with threats to your health. AHCC modifies both your innate and adaptive immune response by increasing the production of key cells that work to keep you healthy and feeling your best.
What You Can Do Today to Strengthen Your Immune System
These might seem like minor changes, but when taken together, you’ll end up with a stronger and healthier immune system by following these six steps:
- Reduce Your Stress: when you’re stressed your brain creates extra cortisol, which has a direct impact on your T cells. Your T cells are directly responsible for fighting infection. Try to do something every day to reduce your stress: go for a walk, read a book, do some yoga, and learn to prioritize.
- Be With Friends: being lonely and feeling alone can contribute to increasing our anxiety levels. When our anxiety levels are elevated we end up creating more free radicals in our body and suppressing our immune system.
- Move Your Body: having a sedentary inactive lifestyle has a huge impact on your daily health. Along with helping you maintain a healthy weight, activities such as walking, running, swimming, and yoga help strengthen your ability to fight infection. Thirty minutes of daily exercise will help you strengthen your body, reduce your stress, and connect with other people.
- Take AHCC: this might seem obvious but we want to reinforce that AHCC is one of the best ways you can strengthen your immune system. It’s a simple step you can take to make sure that your immune system is able to keep you healthy and well.
- Stop Smoking: study after study has shown that smoking simply is not good for you. Nicotine increases your cortisol levels and at the same time reduces the formation of your B cells and impairs the effectiveness of your T cells. In addition, smoking damages your lungs and makes you more likely to contract an infection.
- Eat Better: you are what you eat - so make sure you’re eating good food. Studies have shown that sugar, salt, and saturated fats can result in reducing the amount and capabilities of your white blood cells. You need white blood cells to fight infection and to provide a foundation for your immune system.
A healthy and proactive immune system is your key to the best life you can live. When your body is working behind the scenes to protect you from harmful threats and pathogens, you do feel your best. Small steps, such as the ones we highlighted, add up to make a big difference in your health and quality of life.